Parenting is full of challenges and can lead to emotional exhaustion and caregiver fatigue. Mindfulness and self-compassion can help us navigate this landscape with greater skill and ease. This 2-day core skills training is a combination of empirically based practices from the Mindful Self-Compassion Course and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction along with developmental and attachment research. It is designed to teach parents the art of being fully present with their child with greater kindness, consideration and compassion.
Many parents and professionals agree that the demands of life affect our ability to practice patience and deep listening with our children. This inattention can contribute to frustration and confusion for both parent and child. By identifying reactive patterns and exploring options for attending to the unplanned stressors in our lives, we can improve our ability to respond skillfully to our own needs and to the needs of our children. In this workshop, we will introduce the foundations of mindfulness and the effects of mindfulness on stress reactivity. We will explore principles of self-compassion as a method for self-care and practice the art of deep listening as a model for teaching kindness and compassion to our children. These essential parenting skills model for our children how to manage their own stressors and live a life greater freedom and enjoyment.
Benefits of Mindful & Compassionate Parenting:
- A deeper awareness of your own stress reactions
- Respond to difficult emotions with kindness and understanding
- An increased ability to respond more skillfully to the unplanned and stressful moments with your child
- Learning to listen with kindness and attention to yourself and your child
- Learning to problem-solve with your child with patience and wisdom
- Increasing your child’s emotional strength and well-being
- Improving your child’s capacity to respond with kindness to others
- Creating healthier and more productive relationships between family members